Monday, January 30, 2017
Welcome to our brand new podcast series with Made It Happen Monday (MIHM)! We are going to be bringing you the stories of the people in the craft industry who have built a business and “made it happen”. You will hear how they got started, secrets of their success and perhaps even a few secrets they want to share with some of their closest podcast friends.
Our first guest is Effie Cho from The Ton and not only will hear the story of how she got started in the stamping industry, but we will hear the backstory of where she finds inspiration for her stamps, her Ton favorites and how you can win a stamp set of your choice!
Favorite Stamp Set - All of them!
Favorite Ink Pad - Soft Garnet Red
Favorite Gilding - Dew Drops
The Ton Contest will run from Monday, January 30th - Thursday, February 2nd. We will announce the winner on Friday, February 3rd on our Facebook Page and on our Podcast Blog.
WHERE TO FIND THE TON STAMPS
Friday, January 27, 2017
We are back from Creativation and talk about a week full of fun, friends and hugs! Having been to the CHA Mega Show last year and attending the new Creativation this year, I can honestly say THIS was the BEST of the two shows. Find out about the changes from last year to this year along with the new direction the Craft and Hobby Association is going with the Association for Creative Industries (AFCI) in today's podcast with Jason Baum and Jeffrey Malaney.
- CHA has a new name! Welcome to the new AFCI, Association for Creative Industries.
- New Membership Features
- Start Up Memberships for new companies
- Creativation is not just for Manufacturers and Shop Owners
- Digital Content Creator (Bloggers, YouTubers, etc.)
- Professional Makers/DIY'er
- Embrace entrepreneurs
- Build community
- Will be back in Phoenix, AZ for the next two years
- Member Benefits
- Cost Savings
- Payment Processing
- Constant Contact
- Medical Benefits
- Industry Research
Do you want to go to Creativation next year? Well, guess what? Now is the time to bring your dream to reality! I want to hear YOUR start up story. Did you just start a new stamp company? Are you on your way to being an YouTube Rock Star? Have you created a Facebook Group that has thousands of active members? Are you influencing the masses on Instagram?
Let us know your story and why you NEED to go to Creativation next year and one lucky person will receive 30% off their 1st year Start Up Members to AFCI!
Come play with us in Phoenix, AZ next January and join in on the fun!!!
Big thanks to Jason, Jeffrey and the whole staff at AFCI for allowing So Suzy Podcast to record live at Creativation this year! You have all gone above and beyond helping out our industry to grow and succeed!
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Be sure and check out our So Suzy Podcast Facebook Page around 8:30am MST for the live drawing for our two StampNation Quarterly Memberships from Catherine Pooler! Catherine will be with us to announce the winners from last week's podcast.
See you there!!!
Friday, January 20, 2017
What is your go to card size? Are you an A2 girl or maybe you prefer the full-bodied experience of an A7? Perhaps, like me, you are wondering what sizes an A2 and A7 are. Yes, I had to look them up, because, like you, I prefer to use the actual size of the card. Today, we are going to explore the different sizes and introduce you to the star of 2017, the No 10 card.
*I did some checking and the No 10 card size can be changed to an 8 x 9-1/4" scored at the 4" mark to create a 4" x 9-1/4" card. Instead of the 3-7/8" size. =)
Where to find #10 envelopes - Paper and More.com
If you would like to show off your No. 10 size card, please post them on our So Suzy Podcast Facebook page! I would love to see them.
A1 - 3-1/2" x 4-7/8"
A2 - 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
A6 - 4-1/2" x 6-1/4"
A7 - 5" x 7"
No 10 - 4" x 9-1/4"
|Jenny Lee with the The Ton Release|
|Meg Crawford - Watercolor Paper|
She scored the 12" side at 9" for the fold.
The envelope is a No 10 Policy so the flap is on the end (short side).
|Meg Crawford - Inside and Envelope|
We didn't get to talk about Gina's card in the podcast, but it was too cute not to include! How adorable is this Thanksgiving card?
Friday, January 13, 2017
What goals do you want to accomplish this year? How are you going to turn your dreams into realities? In this episode, we are going to identify key industry goals, give you a couple of pointers of how to achieve them and we also have a special sponsor with a giveaway.
Thanks to Catherine Pooler and StampNation!
Giveaway and Contest
- Win a Quarterly Membership to StampNation
- Leave us a comment in the show notes or on our Facebook Page what your top goal is for the year
- You have until 11:59pm MST on January 20th (Happy Birthday, Brother!)
- Catherine and I will announce the 2 winners on January 21st from Creativation (You can watch our Facebook Live video on the So Suzy Podcast Facebook Page.
Identify Your Goals
- Write down your goal and put it somewhere you can see it every single day
- Create the list of what you need to do to obtain that goal
- Make a timeline or priority list of that list
- Mark them off when you have completed them so you can see your progress
What are some of your goals you want to achieve this year?
- Get better at taking photos
- Take a class at your community center
- Online tutorials for your camera or phone
- Buy a light box
- Take photos during the day instead of at night
- Clean your camera lens
- Start your own YouTube channel for how to videos
- Research software and editing techniques
- Purchase a microphone for voice overs
- Watch "how to" videos on YouTube
- Use Facebook Live or Periscope to do some practice runs
- Find 2 or 3 or your favorite YouTube hosts and write down what you like about their videos
- Get on your DREAM Design Team or apply to be on your first one
- Enroll in So Suzy Sessions - Being on a Design Team online class
- Build your crafting community and find new crafty sisters
- Start your own business
- Define the type of company you want to start
- Build your following
- Start a Facebook Group focused around the idea and concept of your new company
- Be a Product Influencer
- Make a list of your favorite products
- Start blogging about them
- Use them on your projects
- Tag the company on social media
- Research and see if they have Product Influencer positions available
- Approach them and see if they would be interested in your services
- Sell your cards
- Hit up your favorite local boutique and see if they want to sell your cards
- Create cards that will complement their shop and products they sell
- Host in-home boutiques for your family and friends
Friday, January 6, 2017
Sometimes deciding on the colors to use is harder than making the actual card. Today, we are going to go over color palettes, where to find inspiration and gaining more confidence with your selections. This is not going to be a lesson in color theory, this is going to be easy. It’s going to be real, because let’s face it, we have cards to make.
Where to find inspiration
- Your current environment
- Fabric store
Ink Brands with Color Combos